Ten Month Mark - Birthdays

This past month home had a significant highlight that simply cannot be overlooked in our blog.

Dominick celebrated his birthday!!!!!! 


His first birthday with us. And the day was extra special as it was also my, Rachel’s, birthday.

From the day we received his referral and saw his birthdate matching mine, to actually celebrating for the first time together has shown me several things:

God is perfect in His plans. 365 days. It could of been any date, but God matched our birthdates. Something only He could do, and how clear He has been to Jason and I about how we’d have a family, and how God would work out the most intricate details to show us exactly who He'd choose to be in our family!

It’s OK, and Good to not be all about me. Ahhh, but it’s the one day out of the year to be spoiled, to get the spotlight. BUT, it’s good to not be all about me. It was such a joy to serve and spoil our son on our birthday. He had been my birthday wish for years before that. We played with bubbles, ate a Minions cake, watch him playing with his cousins…to serve and love others is a gift, and it was my gift that day. Plus, when you are married to an incredible man like me, he’ll spoil you more than just one day out of the year anyways.

The Day Dominick Was Born
It’s a date to remember. I have pictures and memories for all of my birthdays, which means, I have memories for each of Dominick’s birthdays. The day Dominick was born, I was blowing out my birthday candles in Michigan with family. The day Dominick turned one years old we had a huge party in our backyard with sparklers, smores and hot dogs over the open fire before Jason and I drove to Alabama for the weekend so I could see the beach for my birthday. 
Dominick's 2nd Birthday
When Dominick turned two, we were just matched and my coworkers got us a birthday cake with both mine and our son’s name. Then when Dominick turned three, oh how I longed that we would of been together by then. But we weren’t, and that was God’s plan. So I enjoyed my last birthday spoiled alone wrapping up my job, and celebrating with family. When I look at the pictures, all of a sudden there is so much more to them when I think about what was happening that day with a boy who’d one day call me mommy.

So, as Dominick and I entire a new year the Lord has given us, we are so grateful that this year was the first of many to come to celebrate together forever.

Comments

Popular Posts